Dog Emergency Surgery in McKinney, TX
Finding Dog Emergency Surgery Services in McKinney
Taking care of dogs is a big responsibility. Besides feeding your furry friends well, you need to walk them, give them opportunities for playtime, and make sure they have their shots. You should also have an emergency veterinarian in mind in case your pet needs dog emergency surgery.
Why Dog Emergency Surgery May Be Necessary
There are a number of reasons you may require an emergency dog vet. For example, your dog may be chasing a squirrel across the street and get hit by a car. If your dog suddenly falls sick and you can't determine what the reason is, you may need to search online for an "emergency dog vet near me" and rush your dog to the clinic. Here are other reasons why you may need dog emergency surgery services:
- A fight with another dog: Dogs can tear into each other quite easily, which can lead to your dog bleeding profusely.
- An accident that results in broken bones: Dogs can easily fall from somewhere high and break their bones.
- Eating something sharp like glass: Dogs like to eat anything out on the street. Food may have been mixed with broken glass, and ingesting this could lead to internal bleeding.
- Eating poison accidentally: Your dog may accidentally ingest rat poison or poison intended for other nuisance animals nearby.
- Sicknesses such as bloating: Unexplained sicknesses can be deadly, and if your dog is displaying signs of bloating, also known as Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus (GDV), bring her to the clinic immediately.
- Refusing to eat or drink for days: Older dogs may refuse to eat sometimes. However, refusing to drink for days could signify a kidney disease or a life-threatening illness.
- Dental extractions: If your dog seems to be having pain in his mouth, he may need to have a tooth extracted.
- Malignant skin tumor: A hard lump on the surface of your dog's skin may indicate a malignant tumor. Take your dog to the vet to have it checked out.
What to Look for When Seeking an "Emergency Dog Vet Near Me"
It can be a little scary to discover that you need dog emergency surgery services for your pet. However, if surgery is recommended, it's a decision you should take seriously. Remember that most dog surgeries are low risk, and your dog will recover and probably won't have any complications. At McKinney Emergency Veterinary Clinic, our chief veterinarian will do a pre-surgical assessment of your dog. This will determine if your dog is at risk of any complications during the surgical process.
If you have been searching online for an "emergency dog vet near me," look no further. At McKinney Emergency Veterinary Clinic in McKinney, TX, we provide cutting-edge technology for an emergency vet surgery. Contact us today if you believe your dog might need surgery.